Monday, January 02, 2006

A mountain of solitude

In our busy lives, it's often hard to find time for ourselves. With work and family commitments, life can be overwhelming. Luckily for me, I'm close to the mountains and rivers so that whenever I feel weighed down, I have a way to escape.

Today, I was fortunate enough to do two of the things that I love to do--snowboarding and photography. "Why not bring my camera to the mountains today?" I'm pretty comfortable on my board, and I'm (almost completely) comfortable taking photos of people. Now, if only I can combine the two.

So while on the lift, I turned on and set the camera. I had actually taken some photos of other snowboarders, but this one of a skier was my favorite. Somehow, I was able to catch up to him/her from behind, and being careful not to fall (and have a yard sale), I took the photo. It was just us and the mountain, and it was amazing. I needed that today.

1 Comments:

Blogger mike fairbanks said...

You know, most of the major mountains in the US have on site photog's, usually independent outfits that are allways lookin for full time or part time photogs who can ski or board, what they do is some ski'er or group comes along and charters the photog to take pics of them on the mountain, so the photog just hangs with them all day snappin pics, then sells them the copies at the end of the day, if you need more info email me, and i'll see if i can find a url for ya.
Mike

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home