Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Flyfishing: Tie One On

In the summer and fall, I enjoy flyfishing. I usually use a dry fly because I love to watch the fish break the surface of the water to rise for the fly. And nothing gets me more excited than to be the first person to say, "Fish on!"

I have fished all over Idaho, and luckily, there are still plenty more places to go and see and fish. The sport is both relaxing and exhilirating. It is also an excellent opportunity for me to reflect on my life and the simple things that make me happy.

I know it isn't for everyone. Before I even tried it, flyfishing was something that I thought I would never ever enjoy, but the first trout that rose for the caddis at the end of my flyrod was not the only thing that got hooked that summer. I've been flyfishing ever since...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home